- This event has passed.
2022 West Bay Big Trout Tournament & Fundraiser
January 22, 2022 @ 6:00 am - 6:00 pm
Benefiting the Sea Center Texas – Lake Jackson – Hatchery.
With all of the money raised being donated to the Sea Center in loving memory of friend and fellow angler, Geeb Leman.
Underwritten by: Hookset Marine Gear
-Fish solo or with up to 3 people!
-No captains’ meetings
-Launch anywhere you want within the stated boundaries.
-Register up until the event starts online
-6:00 AM Launch
-6:30 AM lines in the water
-2:30PM – 4PM weigh-in
For more information or to register please visit our website: https://fishwestend.com/tournament/
Rules & Regulations:
Big Trout Tournament & Fundraiser
Rules & Regulations
1. All Federal and State rules and regulations will apply. Violations will result in disqualification of the entire team.
2. $80 / per Angler
3. A maximum of three (3) anglers per team. No exceptions. Single Entries allowed.
4. All paid participants will receive a FishWestEnd Hat, please check in during the weigh-in to receive it.
5A. You can launch anywhere & anytime you want at 6:00 AM the day of the tournament. You must stay within the stated boundaries during tournament hours.
5B. You may not leave a “no-wake zone” or walk-in until 6:00AM CST January 22, 2022. You can launch your boat & stage before 6:00 AM.
6. Guides allowed.
7. Wade fishing is permitted within sight of other team member (200 yard max).
8. Fishing hours will begin at 6:30 a.m. January 22, 2022 and contestants must be in weigh-in line by 4:00 p.m. Weigh-in will begin at 2:30 p.m. Weigh-in at West End Restaurant & Sand Bar (Sea Isle)
9. Live, Artificial or Dead Bait may be used. All fish must be caught on a rod and reel.
10. All anglers must have a valid fishing license with saltwater endorsement with them at weigh-in. If you are asked and cannot produce a valid license, your entire team will be immediately disqualified, no exceptions!
11. No fish may be accepted from or given to another team.
12. No communication between tournament anglers. Contacting outside sources by phone or radio for purposes of finding fish is strictly forbidden. This includes using any social media applications (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc.).
13. Boat, Wade or Kayak fishing is all permitted within the stated boundaries.
14. Heaviest trout stringer will win (max of 3 trout per team, only 1 trout may be over 25”)
15. Boundaries: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?msa=0&ll=29.324747232109196%2C-95.02555799999999&spn=0.149066%2C0.308647&mid=1gvwcBSN0TLY7DGwBSpMri5JD33Y&z=12
16. All participants will be subject to polygraph testing.
17. Anglers must be in the weigh in line no later than 4:00 p.m., unless you are standing in line, the weigh in will close at 4:00 p.m.
18. All fish weighed in must be within the regulations of TPWD. Any undersized or over-sized fish that are turned in for weighing that are not within regulations will disqualify the team.
19. In case of a tie, weigh in time will determine the winner.
20. Live Trout weighed-in & will receive a half pound (1/2) pound bonus added to the weight of each fish (max of 1.5 LBS for 3 live trout). There is no penalty for bringing in dead trout.
21. All Weigh Master’s rulings are FINAL.
22. Sponsors and organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss, damage, or theft to any property.
23. Cash payout to the top 5 teams (see below) ** Can be expanded if we have a good turnout **
24. Side Pot: (Optional) – $20/ angler “Big Trout” the heaviest trout will win – 60% / 30% /10% cash payout. In the event of a tie earlier weighed fish will win. No bonus for live / dead.
25. Side Pot – If one team member elects to do side pot, all members must be entered – no exceptions
26. Kayak Anglers – You are allowed to exceed the max distance stated in Rule #7 only to take a fish back to a truck or shoreline to place it in a live well. You must immediately return to within the 200 yard range of your partner once completed.
27. Awards: 1st – 5th place teams will receive checks, a team plaque & fishing gear (1st & 2nd).
28. Fish from your stringer can be used in side pot.
29. You may only approach the weigh table with at most 3 trout per team for the main division.
30. Raffle, Auction & Awards: 4:45 PM, January 22, 2022 at West End Restaurant & Sand Bar 21706 Burnet Dr Galveston, TX 77554 (Sea Isle)
31. IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER, THIS EVENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED, IF FOR ANY REASON EVENT CANNOT BE HELD ALL ENTRY FEES WILL BE REFUNDED
Payout scale based on 100 anglers as follows:
The Galveston crabbing season is the same as it is for all areas of Texas statewide. You can go crabbing...
USCGC Eagle Tall Ship Military Vessel will arrive in Galveston for one day only. The ship is a training vessel...
Galveston Island Brewing celebrates 8 years at the GIB 8th Anniversary Party. Free to attend, family-friendly and dog-friendly too! Come...
The official hurricane names for 2022 are listed and the official hurricane season has begun as of June 1 and...
Texas A&M University at Galveston is home to the Texas A&M Maritime Academy, a highly specialized maritime training and education...
Galveston Island Beach Revue, Presented By TGRE Galveston celebrates its vintage past and this year is no exception! Join in...
The Galveston Historic Homes Tour is the first 2 weekends in May. Don’t miss your chance to view inside private...
Check Live Cameras and Maps Use the following links to check live traffic maps and cameras affecting traffic flow to...
It’s National Tourism Day on May 7, 2022. Be sure to thank a tourist in Galveston on this day. We...
JetSurf Houston is excited to be organizing and managing the first official MotoSurf race in Houston and the State of...