- This event has passed.
Artist Boat Kayak Adventure: Coastal Heritage Preserve May 7
May 7 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm$75.00
Public Adventures – Includes stopping for watercolor demonstration and painting.
*All Adventures include tandem kayak, lifejacket, paddles, and guided instruction.
If you are late for an adventure or do not cancel at least 24 hours in advance, you forfeit your adventure. There are no refunds.
Registration closes one hour before a scheduled adventure. Payment is required at time of booking.
Address and cell phone are required for your booking contact.
Pregnant women may not participate in a kayak adventure.
Children must be at least 7 years old to participate in this adventure. An adult from the same party is required in the kayak with each child under 13 years of age. Adults with young children should expect to do all of the paddling. If children are under 50 pounds you must provide a Coast Guard Certified Personal Flotation Device.
Children 16 years or older may attend without an adult present as long as a parent or guardian signs the waiver and medical release.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Sturdy shoes such as boots or sneakers or sandals with an ankle strap. Your feet will get wet and muddy.
- Long pants and a light long-sleeve shirt are recommended
- Drinking water, lunch, and snacks
- A hat, bug spray, sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Plastic bag for trash. We are not allowed to leave food debris in our trashcan. It is carry in – carry out.
- A dry bag is recommended if you plan on carrying a cell phone or camera on the kayak.
WHAT TO BE PREPARED FOR:
- Cold or hot weather. Be prepared with clothes that will keep you warm or cool. Dressing in layers is often a good idea. You will get wet.
- Wild animals. There are fire ants and bees out at the Preserve. We’ve never had any issues with them, but be on the lookout and take appropriate precautions.
- Maintain physical distance (6 feet) from the Artist Boat employee and other participants at all times.
Adventures in progress will continue on land in case of unfavorable conditions developing on the water
On May 19, during a routine survey by the Sea Aggie Sea Turtle Patrol a Kemp’s Ridley Sea Turtle nest...
Stewart Beach Stewart Beach reopens on May 27 at 9 a.m. after being closed during Spring. Months of construction kept...
If you ever wanted to be a nature guide, or a an ambassador to nature tourism, now is your chance!...
Updated May 19, 2022 The 2022 Hurricane season is quickly approaching us on Galveston Island, and the time to start...
Galveston Island Beach Revue, Presented By TGRE Galveston celebrates its vintage past and this year is no exception! Join in...
The Galveston Historic Homes Tour is the first 2 weekends in May. Don’t miss your chance to view inside private...
Check Live Cameras and Maps Use the following links to check live traffic maps and cameras affecting traffic flow to...
JetSurf Houston is excited to be organizing and managing the first official MotoSurf race in Houston and the State of...
The 2022 Yaga’s Wild Game CookOff is back! It’s the first full year back since 2019, and everyone is excited...
May is here and it’s that time of year where vacationers will soon fill up the island creating lifetime memories...