- This event has passed.
Artist Boat Kayak Adventure: Coastal Heritage Preserve Sept 11
September 11 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm$75.00
Public Adventures – Includes stopping for watercolor demonstration and painting.
*All Adventures include tandem kayak, lifejacket, paddles, and guided instruction.
If you are late for an adventure or do not cancel at least 24 hours in advance, you forfeit your adventure. There are no refunds.
Registration closes one hour before a scheduled adventure. Payment is required at time of booking.
Address and cell phone are required for your booking contact.
Pregnant women may not participate in a kayak adventure.
Children must be at least 7 years old to participate in this adventure. An adult from the same party is required in the kayak with each child under 13 years of age. Adults with young children should expect to do all of the paddling. If children are under 50 pounds you must provide a Coast Guard Certified Personal Flotation Device.
Children 16 years or older may attend without an adult present as long as a parent or guardian signs the waiver and medical release.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Sturdy shoes such as boots or sneakers or sandals with an ankle strap. Your feet will get wet and muddy.
- Long pants and a light long-sleeve shirt are recommended
- Drinking water, lunch, and snacks
- A hat, bug spray, sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Plastic bag for trash. We are not allowed to leave food debris in our trashcan. It is carry in – carry out.
- A dry bag is recommended if you plan on carrying a cell phone or camera on the kayak.
WHAT TO BE PREPARED FOR:
- Cold or hot weather. Be prepared with clothes that will keep you warm or cool. Dressing in layers is often a good idea. You will get wet.
- Wild animals. There are fire ants and bees out at the Preserve. We’ve never had any issues with them, but be on the lookout and take appropriate precautions.
- Maintain physical distance (6 feet) from the Artist Boat employee and other participants at all times.
Adventures in progress will continue on land in case of unfavorable conditions developing on the water
USCGC Eagle Tall Ship Military Vessel will arrive in Galveston for one day only. The ship is a training vessel...
Galveston Island Brewing celebrates 8 years at the GIB 8th Anniversary Party. Free to attend, family-friendly and dog-friendly too! Come...
The official hurricane names for 2022 are listed and the official hurricane season has begun as of June 1 and...
On May 19, during a routine survey by the Sea Aggie Sea Turtle Patrol a Kemp’s Ridley Sea Turtle nest...
Texas A&M University at Galveston is home to the Texas A&M Maritime Academy, a highly specialized maritime training and education...
Galveston Island Beach Revue, Presented By TGRE Galveston celebrates its vintage past and this year is no exception! Join in...
The Galveston Historic Homes Tour is the first 2 weekends in May. Don’t miss your chance to view inside private...
Check Live Cameras and Maps Use the following links to check live traffic maps and cameras affecting traffic flow to...
It’s National Tourism Day on May 7, 2022. Be sure to thank a tourist in Galveston on this day. We...
JetSurf Houston is excited to be organizing and managing the first official MotoSurf race in Houston and the State of...