Stewart Beach reopens on May 27 at 9 a.m. after being closed during Spring. Months of construction kept the park closed through the Spring.
Stewart Beach Park has been closed because of a grading project that is designed to help reduce the flooding in the parking lots during heavy rains and high tides. This was a planned project.
Noted as Galveston’s premier family beach park, it was named one of the “10 Best Beaches for Families” by Family Vacation Critic.
You’ll find it at the east end of the Seawall where it meets historic Broadway Avenue. You probably already know the park offers plenty of amenities for a day at the beach and there are lifeguards on duty. The park is has a paved parking area, a pavilion, concessions, restrooms, showers, chair and umbrella rentals, beach volleyball court, a children’s playground and more.
Galveston Beach Wheelchairs
Stewart Bach Park offers beach wheelchair rentals, making the beach experience accessible to all. And best of all, they are free.
When you arrive ask the gate attendant for a beach wheelchair. You’ll be asked to provide a driver’s license until the return of the chair. Beach wheelchairs are offered on a first-come-first-served basis, with no reservations or fees required.
Stewart Beach Park Amenities
- Gift Shop
- Chair & Umbrella Rentals
- Beach Wheelchairs (available with valid driver’s license)
Stewart Beach Park Admission
- Cash or Credit
- Monday thru Thursday: $12/vehicle
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Special Events & Holidays/Observed Holidays: $15/vehicle
- One time entry with each admission; No re-entry
- Unlimited Entry for only $50 with a year-long Seasonal Beach Parking Pass
Stewart Beach Hours
May 27 – August 21, 2022
- Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Friday – Sunday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
August 22 – September 8, 2022
- Monday – Thursday: Park Closed
- Friday – Sunday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
*Monday, September 5, 2022, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
September. 9 – November 6, 2022
- Monday – Thursday: Park Closed
- Friday – Sunday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Park Closes November 7th until start of the 2023 Season.
Hours are subject to change without advanced notice.
Exceptions to standard dates and times can be made on a case-by-case basis for special events wishing to rent the park grounds for a fee.
Located at: Stewart Beach, 201 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX 77550, USA
Stewart Beach Park Rules
- Alcohol is prohibited
- Glass is prohibited
- No loud music
- Pets Permitted on Leashes
- Clean Up After Your Pets
- Beach Camping Prohibited
- Open Fires Prohibited (BBQ pits allowed)
- No propane tanks
- Stay Off Dunes
- Tents and Tarps Permitted behind Designated Line Marker
- Special Use Area may be only be accessed by vehicles with: 1) Disabled Veteran License Plates 2) License Plates with the wheelchair disability icon 3) valid non-expired handicap placard properly displayed on rear view mirror 4) passengers carrying a valid non-expired fishing license and fishing gear 5) hard bottomed nonmotorized personal watercraft (surfboard, paddleboard, kayak) 6) emergency and government authorization; Vehicle access for any other purpose is prohibited
- 4-Wheelers, ATV’s, and Dirt Bikes are strictly Prohibited
- The use of Drones or radio mechanically operated devices in the Beach Parks or at the Beaches is strictly prohibited at all times, unless specific written authority is granted by park management in conjunction with the Superintendent of parks where temporary permits may be obtained for a fee of $100 for a 2 hour minimum with the exception of The Park Board of Trustees and The City of Galveston.
Developer Jerome Karam, of JMK5 Holdings, has purchased the rights to the historic Balinese Room site. Permits have been secured...
During Mardi Gras Galveston Street Closures can cause unexpected delays if you aren’t prepared. Here is the proposed traffic schedule,...
The Galveston crabbing season is the same as it is for all areas of Texas statewide. You can go crabbing...
USCGC Eagle Tall Ship Military Vessel will arrive in Galveston for one day only. The ship is a training vessel...
Texas A&M University at Galveston is home to the Texas A&M Maritime Academy, a highly specialized maritime training and education...
Galveston Island Beach Revue, Presented By TGRE Galveston celebrates its vintage past and this year is no exception! Join in...
The Galveston Historic Homes Tour is the first 2 weekends in May. Don’t miss your chance to view inside private...
Check Live Cameras and Maps Use the following links to check live traffic maps and cameras affecting traffic flow to...
It’s National Tourism Day on May 7, 2022. Be sure to thank a tourist in Galveston on this day. We...
JetSurf Houston is excited to be organizing and managing the first official MotoSurf race in Houston and the State of...